Floating Chinatown

Next day, we had one whole day to kill in Bangkok. We had no definite plans as where to go. Many of us had been there at the Thai capital numerous time before; and then of course, this time round, we were mainly aiming for the ancient city Ayutthaya. Bangkok was a bonus and then, I thought it would be nice to visit Bangkok's famous floating market. I had visited one in the mid 80s; the one near Wat Arun which one of Hollywood's greats, the late Elizabeth Taylor visited; I remember seeing her photo there but then, later I heard that the floating market was not the big one featured in a promotional poster I came across. There are at least six floating markets around Bangkok and we ended up at the one in Damnoen Saduak. The Laitukluck Floating Market really was a surprise to me; there was a big signboard there proclaiming it to be a Chinatown and if I understand right; that probably was the first floating market in Thailand...
                                      7
























Comments