Spoilt for Choices

I've heard that there is always a Chinatown in major cities in the world. I wouldn't be surprised if someone tells me that there is a dim sum restaurant there too. There used to be one in Taiping but now, there must be at least three or four;  never mind the normal eating shops which have a small corner dedicated to selling bao or siew mai which are kept warm in a glass cabinet. Dim sum in cities in Malaysia perhaps differ in prices, varieties too and of course, some are more delicious  than others. I remember the one which my nephew treated us to in Makhota Cheras when we visited him. The restaurant was rather crowded when we were there; the choice of dim sum, superb. Price should be a bit steep compared to back home or with Hat Yai's Grandma's. Comparatively things have always been cheaper in smaller town and in neighbouring Thailand.










Comments