A Chinese Eating Shop

Kopi Tiam kita. Our Coffee Shop. There is this eating place somewhere near Jalan Pengkalan Chepa, Kota Bahru, Kelantan run by a Chinese man who always wears a hat. Early one morning, my nephew took me there and was I surprised at the crowd! The patrons were mostly Malays and the walls of the shop were packed with framed photos of who's who of Malaysian politics and entertainment industry. There were lots of halal food to choose, from the usual nasi lemak, nasi dagang to some other lesser known food, all ready packed and I quickly grabbed one called nasi air dingin. My nephew asked me not to eat too much, surprising me for an instance. I learned then we were there for the shop's specialty - the roti titab, toasted bread with two lovely half-boiled eggs and kaya coconut egg jam to boot.  Hmmmm....nice..







Comments