Conveniently Cheng Beng











Just the other, I was on my way to Penang when Thuan Hee SMSed me, saying that he could see clearly the Kuang Yin or the Goddess of Mercy from where he was and my immediate response was to SMS back, Oh, you must have attained Nirvana. But then, he added that he was going to a wat after that. A wat is a Thai temple and I gathered then he must be in a temple in Air Itam and the goddess he mentioned was the immense man-made structure in the famous Kek Lok Si temple. Most certainly, it was Qing Ming or Cheng Beng Festival where Chinese traditionally go out to cemeteries and columbariums to pray to their departed ancestors. The festival falls on April this year but praying can be done 10 days before and after the actual date. As it is, I would only be going for Cheng Beng next week. People of the past do make it very convenient for people to pray during Cheng Beng, don't you think? Praise their good souls!

Comments