Chinese HIndus

One day, I was waiting for my niece to pick me up. I was just back from Kuala Lumpur. There was a crowd in the distance. Hey, there was a procession! A group of Indian men were playing drums. There was a celebration in a Hindu temple somewhere in Taiping and most probably the devotees were taking the deity round town. When the procession passed me, I was astounded to find that a big portion of the devotees were Chinese youths. A few had their bodies hooked with something sharp. It was like they were carrying kavadis and there was a mini Thaipusam. Most Chinese in Malaysia claim to be Buddhists but their religions are actually mixed up. They are more Taoists. It is common however, to see most of them converging to Buddhist temple on Vesak Day but going all out to a Hindu Temple? A lady there had told me that the youths had helped their Indian friends to celebrate. That I think was a beautiful gesture but I wouldn't be surprised if those Chinese were Hindus. I have come across two who are and there could be a lot more in the streets, who knows. Afterall, Hinduism like all other religions, is not reserved for the Indians.

A procession in town...






Comments

Liudmila said…
it is said in Buddhism, there are so many religions in the world so that everybody can find one good for him.
footiam said…
I would like to believe that but I don't think all religions are good just like not all man are good. Maybe there are bad religions for bad people.
Liudmila said…
They call them "Black". "Black magic", "black I don't know what". As I understood, some persons arrive at the higher levels of the Wissdom and than use them for their bad aims.
footiam said…
People in Asia believe in black magic but I don't know about Europeans or other Westerners. Do you believe in Voodoo?
Liudmila said…
Europeans mostly take it as a game, I think.

Personally I believe there are persons with high level of wissdom/very advanced practitioners that can use the Wissdom for their personal aims. These aims can be good or bad. The same about voodoo.

I want to say, not everybody who says "I AM..." is it really. But there are such persons.