Chinese Restaurants

I suppose there are many Chinese restaurant all over the world. There are definitely many in Asian countries, particularly in South East Asian countries. In Philipines, in Manila especially, besides having many Chinese restaurants there, I have seen dim sum, dumplings and yang chow fried rice being served in fast food chains. There are also many Chinese restaurants in UK and all over Europe. In the Middle East, I remember seeing one which was probably run by a non-Chinese in the new part of the town in Beirut, Lebanon and there was one with two big red Chinese lanterns near the Pyramids of the Cheops in Egypt. In fact, Niran and his wife, Somsi treated me to a Chinese meal in a Chinese restaurant run by a Shanghainese while we were in the land of the Pharoahs. I spotted one also in Istanbul, Turkey where the pillars with the twining dragons distinguished it from the other establishments. Chinese restaurants in Malaysia are so numerous and there are big, medium, small ones, posh and not so posh Chinese restaurants that the mind boggles! Many restaurants here also serve seafood and there is one in a fishing village, Kuala Sepetang which overlooks the river mouth that I love and which we went to when Mr. How and I decided to give our friend, Miss Ng a farewell dinner...

View from the Chinese Restaurant in Kuala Sepetang...


Mr. How and Miss Ng enjoying a meal...


Some of the dishes which I fancy...





Comments

Liudmila said…
I like Chinese restaurants too. But these one, on the boot is the excellent idea.
footiam said…
The restaurant I went to is not on a boat but in Hong Kong there is a very big and beautiful restaurant on a boat. I bet it's very expensive there!