A Chinese Song: 山海 Mountain and Sea

The kids at home are crazy over this young guy from China, Hua Chenyu 华晨宇, otherwise known as HuaHua 花花. The young Chinese singer and songwriter has been in the limelight for quite some time, having rose to fame after winning the 2013 Super Boy singing contest produced by Hunan TV, China but it was only these past weeks that I got introduced to him by my grand nephew. Hua, said to have powerful vocals, sings his own composition, a strange song as far as I'm concerned, called the Lyricless Song or Song Without Lyrics and covers songs by Lady Gaga and Leslie Cheung among others. The kids love 我管你  I don't care, and thought  Hua's version of 双节棍 Nunchucks was better than the original version by Taiwanese Jay Chow. My grandnephew's favourite was 山海 Mountain and Sea even though I tried to change his mind by saying that the song was meaningless and the singer looked ridiculous rendering the song dressed in a red raincoat and all that ..



Comments