Singapore Attracts Talents!

When Eng Lye asked me to watch the Singaporean movie with him in Big Cinema in Taiping Sentral weeks ago, We not naughty (inset), I did not expect to see Daniel Chan Hiu-tung (陈晓东) to be part of the cast. I suppose Eng Lye was keen to watch the movie because it was partly shot in Taylor's College where he works. For me, it was a pleasant surprise to see Daniel, the Hong Kong star, said to be famous for the 2001 Hong Kong movie, Feel 100%II. It brings back memories in India when I bumped into the actor who was then shooting a travelogue about Buddhist holy sites. Daniel incidentally is not the first Hong Kong actor to act in a Singaporean movie. I remember watching famed Hong Kong former child star, Fung Bo Bo and Hong Kong actor, Kenneth Tsang Kong (曾江 ) years ago in a Singapore-produced family drama. Then there were many other Hong Kong stars in Singapore TV series including Dodo Cheng and the late Lydia Sum who appeared in Singapore-produced English sitcoms. I remember former TVB actor Alex Man Chi Leung was in a Singapore Mandarin series, Lee Sze Kei in one or two series and even Jessica Hester Hsuan, or Suen Huen (宣萱), currently one of the most popular Hong Kong television actresses, had appeared in not one but three Singapore series: Parental Guidance, Parental Guidance 2 and Bountiful Blessings. Singapore sure attracts talents!

Comments