Chinese Sayings and Proverbs

Chinese sayings and proverbs are aplenty but I suppose young people nowadays rarely use them. Sometimes I would hear a friend or an elderly person utter a saying or a proverb and normally these sayings or proverbs are very profound. So, here I would like to share some of these Chinese sayings and proverbs:

*There is no wisdom like silence.
*Pick the flower when it is ready to be picked.
*Fight poison with poison.
*Behind an able man there are always other able men.
*Clear conscience never fears midnight knocking.

Comments

Liudmila said…
The first among theses proverbs I like it more than others. But I think, the persons generally know the proverbs even if they do ot use them.
footiam said…
Proverbs everywhere are meaningful. It is a shame we don't use them that often these days. Everything must be done quickly I suppose and there is no time to think over the deep meaning of words.