A Taiwanese Drama

Cheng Teik loaned me some DVDs the other day and encouraged me to watch You are my Destiny, the Top Taiwanese TV series in 2008. The romantic comedy starring Ethan Ruan and Chen Qiao En came by other names such as Fated to Love you, Sticky Note girl and even Destiny Love. Taiwanese series, I remember, used to be a bore. The storylines often have much to be desired and they just dragged on and on and you'd wonder when the story will end, that is if you are patient enough to sit through the entire series. That perhaps was in the 80s. Then, there were few good Taiwanese series. Koo Sin Lian which was based on hit Japanesese series, Oshin; and Yi Jian Mei or A sprig of Plum Blossoms were shown in TV then and both seemed to be popular among the Chinese population in Malaysia but those series, I suppose were not as good as the TV series from Hong Kong, most notably the Cantonese series from TVB. You are my Destiny was first aired on March 16, 2008 in Taiwan and has constantly achieved good ratings. The show was dubbed in Tagalog and was popular in the Philipines and sitting through the entire 40 episodes, I suppose I understand why. It was a great series with a great storyline and a great cast and now wonder Cheng Teik had watched this Golden Bell Award winner for Best Drama eight times! Taiwainese series had indeed come a long way!


The Theme Song from You're my Destiny...





Tagalog version...




Comments

Liudmila said…
I watched these young faces and it was very beafutiful feeling. My husband watches always killings, so it was something special to see this beauty.
footiam said…
Me too! It makes me feel young all over again!