A Dance by the Mute and Deaf -Thousand Hand Guan Yin



The first time I saw this performance by some talented mute and deaf dancers from China was when Swee Lim forwarded a video clip to me through hotmail. Since then, I had caught a whole presentation in a DVD, complete with commentary. The troupe I understand was the vision of one great man who was inspired by Guan Yin, the Bodhisattva. If you are still wondering how the dancers can dance to the music when they are deaf, well, there are four other normal able-bodied teachers at the side of the stage, giving them visual instructions.

Comments

Liudmila said…
This is abslutely incredible performance. The dancers are always perfect in China. I think. I have seen some circus artists and dancers, they were always simply GREAT.
Liudmila said…
Try to post my comment once more here.

I say, this performance is perfect. The dancers are always perfect in China. I have seen different times circus artists and dancers from China and they were incredible.
footiam said…
Yes, Liudmila. I am always amazed with what these people can do. I dance like a baby elephant!